EDIT: Deadlines & speakers updated. Submission deadline is on April 27th, notification on April 29th.
Dear readers of this blog — yes, both of you –: it’s that time of the year again. As tradition dictates, I’m organizing the Networks of Networks symposium, satellite event of the NetSci conference.
Networks of networks are structures in which the nodes may be connected through different relations. They can represent multifaceted social interaction, critical infrastructure and complex relational data structures. In the symposium, we are looking for a diversity of research contributions revolving around networks of networks of any kind: in social media, in infrastructure, in culture. The call for contributed talks is OPEN, and you can submit your abstract here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=non2016
The deadline for submissions is
April 15th, 2016 April 27th, 2016, just a month from now. We will notify acceptance by April 22nd, 2016 April 29th, 2016.
Here’s my handy guide to few of the many reasons to come:
- Networks of networks are awesome, a hot topic in network science and a lot of super smart people work on them. You wouldn’t pass the opportunity to mingle with them, would you?
- We have a lineup of outstanding confirmed keynotes this year — truth to be told, we have that every year:
- This year NetSci will take place at the K-Hotel, Seoul, Korea (South, whew…). You really should not miss this occasion to visit such fascinating place.
The Networks of Networks symposium will be held on May 31st, 2016. The full conference, including all satellites, runs from May 30th to June 3rd. You can find all relevant information for the conference in the official NetSci website. Our symposium has a website too: check it out. In it, you will find also the fundamental information about all the people organizing this event with me: without them none of this would be possible. Here they are:
- Gregorio D’Agostino (ENEA)
- Przemysław Kazienko (Wroclaw University of Technology)
- Antonio Scala (CNR)
And also a list of other people, helping with their ideas, time and enthusiasm:
- Matteo Magnani
- Ian Dobson
- Luca Rossi
- Leonardo Duenas-Osorio
- Dino Pedreschi
- Guido Caldarelli
- Vito Latora
Hope to see many of you in Korea!